All Veggie Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, ricotta and parsley. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 3 noodles and a third of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with half the carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini and squash. Top with a third of the remaining sauce.
- Arrange half the spinach over spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers of noodles, cheese mixture, vegetables, sauce, spinach and mozzarella. Top with the remaining noodles, cheese mixture, sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover tightly and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until noodles are tender, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 252 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Aug 3, 2019
I did not add the cottage cheese as that tends to make lasagna watery. I liked this recipe okay...not my favorite but it helped to use up some veggies that I already had. I also added fresh basil.
Oct 5, 2012
Yummy recipe but I still prefer the other very veggie lasagna recipe from Taste of Home just because it has a lot of vegetables. If you are a picky eater and do not like one vegetable over the other then this is the one for you.
Jan 4, 2011
We really enjoyed this recipe, despite the lack of meat, (and I heard about it.) We used whole wheat noodles, a little less broccoli and spinach, and no summer squash (not in season out here.) It came out great!
Sep 29, 2010
I'm no rocket scientist....but to address your inane comment...there is NO picture to correspond this recipe with in the first place. Sheesh... I guess even a recipe site can attract the dimwits...surprising they can even utilize a computer
Mar 1, 2008