Now that your baby has graduated from pureed fruits and vegetables, it’s time to have some fun in the kitchen! One-year-olds can eat just about everything you do, so include your little one at mealtimes with the family. These tasty food ideas for toddlers will keep everyone happy.
The only drawback? This is a common age for picky eating to start. The best approach is to keep offering healthy options at every meal and never give up.<
What can I feed my 12-month-old?
Your new toddler can eat most foods that you do. Remember that they need plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, as well as healthy sources of protein and fiber. And now that your little one has had their first birthday, they can start drinking whole milk.
What do you feed a picky 1-year-old?
Feeding a picky eater can be an exhausting task, but an important one. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, most parents worry when their child refuses a new food, but it takes several tries before the average 1-year-old is ready to try something new. Try pairing new foods with your toddler’s favorite meals and snacks to make the process more fun for both of you.
When your child is ready to eat, try offering healthy meals like…
- On-the-go breakfast muffins with fresh fruit
- Scrambled eggs with grilled sweet potato wedges
- Banana oatmeal pancakes with yogurt
- Baked oatmeal with berries
- French toast fingers with a fruit smoothie
- Bite-sized turkey sandwich pieces with fruit kabobs
- Cut up lunch box pizzas with cooked peas
- Veggie macaroni and cheese
- Pizza in a bowl with cooked veggies
- Broccoli cheddar squares with sliced fruit
- Black bean soup with cut-up cheese quesadillas
- Bite-sized baked chicken breast with sauteed baby carrots
Once your child has mastered eating these new big kid meals, check out more healthy meals for toddlers.