Easy Arroz con Pollo
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread the rice in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper; place over rice. In a large bowl, combine the broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce, onion and green pepper; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 351 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 791mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Apr 29, 2014
This has wonderful flavor and was so simple to make. I recommend it heartily!
Jan 16, 2014
Awesome. So easy and yummy. Family and friends have both liked it!
Jul 22, 2013
absolutely delicious, loved the flavours & the rice was amazing, I even made it with boneless skinless chicken thighs!
Apr 24, 2013
Very easy to make and even my picky eater liked it. The hour bake time relegates it to weekends for us but I see Saturday nights with this dish in our future.
Mar 7, 2012
I can't believe there aren't more reviews for this! This was easy peasy to make, and it was the most delicious Spanish Rice underneath that chicken! I'll never make Spanish rice in a skillet again. This was the bomb! So flavorful and delicious. I used Pace medium picante sauce, and it was just the right amount of heat for this dish. I used Minute brown rice, also. I served it with Martha White Cotton Country corn bread and mini corn-on-the-cob with strawberry shortcake for dessert, and we were absolutely stuffed! I would recommend this dish to anyone!
Jul 16, 2011
My family loves this!
Mar 30, 2011
I love it! It's super easy. You just put the ingredients. My husband love it and it's one of my favorites recipes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.