Parmesan Fish Sticks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk eggs. In a third bowl, toss bread crumbs with cheese and seasoning blend.
- Cut fillets into 1-in.-wide strips. Dip fish in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops with cooking spray until crumbs appear moistened. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 281 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 641mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 4, 2017
Mar 3, 2017
My husband loved it and I thought it was pretty good, but spicy. I'm guessing that must have been because the only garlic-herb seasoning I could find was Zatarain's and perhaps it had other spices in it.