Since first taking these meatballs to various social events a few years ago, I've shared the recipe many times. Sweet apple jelly provides a nice contrast to the tangy barbecue sauce. - Kay Townsend, Obion, Tennessee.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 bottles (18 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown the meatballs; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Use pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks for serving appetizer meatballs. They taste great and reduce waste and mess.
Nutrition Facts7 each: 304 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Apple Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips