French Onion Soup with Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) pale ale or additional beef broth
- 18 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 12 slices Muenster or cheddar cheese
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 9 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until onions are tender, 8-10 hours.
- Ladle soup into 6 broiler-safe 16-oz. ramekins. Top each with 3 slices of bread and 2 slices of cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 403 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1760mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Mar 27, 2020
Wonderful recipe. I made it as written. Why is Mollylovesmommie even reviewing it if she hasn't tried it? Not fair to person who submitted it.
Mar 24, 2020
Delicious soup and a wonderful variation on the traditional French onion soup. As an aside, what recipe is Gabbiex even reviewing??? It's definitely not the French Onion Soup with Meatballs on this website. page.
Jan 25, 2020
I won't buy this stuff.....these poncki have been SOOO Americanized that I will only buy prune.....which is an original flavor brought from Poland. There are a few others but we love the prune best.