Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in flour and pepper; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in broth and milk. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 4-5 hours. Stir in cheeses until melted. Top servings with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 557 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 1160mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2017
I was a bit disappointed in this recipe. I have several cheeseburger soups in my rotation and I assumed this would be just as good. The soup was a bit on the bland side. The sliced cheese didn't melt well, I would suggesting adding an equivalent amount of Velveeta. Plus the ingredients broke down but that may have be me keeping it in the crock pot on warm a bit longer. It wasn't completely bad. I just think there are better options out there.