Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in flour and pepper; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in broth and milk. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 4-5 hours. Stir in cheeses until melted. Top servings with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 557 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 1160mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Feb 19, 2017
I was a bit disappointed in this recipe. I have several cheeseburger soups in my rotation and I assumed this would be just as good. The soup was a bit on the bland side. The sliced cheese didn't melt well, I would suggesting adding an equivalent amount of Velveeta. Plus the ingredients broke down but that may have be me keeping it in the crock pot on warm a bit longer. It wasn't completely bad. I just think there are better options out there.