- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 bottles (18 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a skillet, brown the meatballs; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 72 meatballs.
Reviews forApple Meatballs
"Served these meatballs at a holiday party and they were a big hit. I cheated and used premade gluten free meatballs. They were so good"