- 2 loaves (1 pound each) unsliced Italian bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 12 to 14 thin slices dill pickle
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out top and bottom of loaves, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses, onions, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce; spread over cut sides of bread. Layer with ham and roast beef on bottom and top halves; place pickles on bottom halves. Gently press halves together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1-1/2-in. slices. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Sandwich for a Crowd
Sort By :
"I've made this recipe for two different groups and was a huge hit both times. I made the sandwiches the night before, which is a great time saver, and sliced when ready to serve. We really enjoy this wonderful sandwich!"
"I have been making this sandwitch for years and years. I have even passed it along to family and everyone loves it. I have two children and both can be picky eaters and they both love it. Great to make ahead for late night baseball games and football games the kids have. I would recommend leaving the pickles off until ready to eat. It can make the bread a little soggy. My husband got excited when I mentioned making this tomorrow night for dinner."
"This sandwich is a favorite of my family, and I have been making since I came across this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine years ago. Left-overs keep very well and it actually tastes even better on day 2 and 3!"
"Was looking through a cookbook and found the cutout of this. Made this - or one exactly this- for Shelby's graduation in 1998!!"
"Best sandwich ever for parties."