Mini Rosemary-Roast Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1 beef top round roast (3 pounds)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups mild giardiniera, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 24 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- Sprinkle roast with salt and rosemary; wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Unwrap roast and pat dry. Rub roast with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on both sides.
- Transfer to oven; roast 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 135° for medium-rare. (Temperature of roast will continue to rise about 10° upon standing.) Remove roast from skillet; let stand 1 hour. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until cold.
- Place giardiniera in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish.
- To serve, thinly slice cold beef. Serve on rolls with mayonnaise mixture and giardiniera.
Nutrition Facts1 mini sandwich: 220 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 26, 2016
I'm not sure what the previous commenter is talking about. I have made this half a dozen times already and EVERYONE loves it. The meat always comes out juicy, tender and nicely seasoned. The sauce is simple and has a nice horseradish kick to it. All in all, you won't be disappointed. TRUST ME.
Apr 7, 2015
This is the only thing I have ever made out of a taste of home magazine that I literally could not eat. My friend also spat hers out. And I like pickled things. I ended up just picking my beef out and eating it was so bad. And the sauce about made me gag.