Chicken Parmesan Slider Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 24 ounces frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) sliced provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare chicken tenders according to package directions. Meanwhile, without separating rolls, cut horizontally in half; arrange roll bottoms in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place half of cheese slices over roll bottoms. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Layer rolls with half of sauce, chicken tenders, remaining sauce and remaining cheese slices. Replace top halves of rolls.
- For topping, microwave butter, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, covered, on high, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Pour over rolls; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 402 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 12, 2019
There must be a typo here. One 12 ounce rolls will not cover a 13 x 9 pan ???
Oct 11, 2019
It was so easy and also delicious. ??/?????? In my opinion, everyone can try it ???
Oct 1, 2019
Very easy to make and the young adults LOVED it! I was already informed we need these for SuperBowl Sunday.
Jun 30, 2019
I made this for my son, who ate it for several days running. Called it the "Gift that keeps on giving." Super easy and super tasty.
Oct 21, 2018
Awesome! I’m not partial to sweet rolls, so I used large hamburger buns. I also used frozen breaded chicken patties instead of chicken strips ( I didn’t pre-cook them) I left out the thyme because I don’t like it. These were delicious and so easy and quick to make. I love the crunch of the toasted bun.
Sep 27, 2018
I wish I would have realized that 20 minutes in 375 in an oven will toast the top buns almost to a black crust. I will definitely tent them with aluminum foil next time. Can anyone tell me if I should have used just a bake versus a convection bake?
Jun 10, 2018
Can someone answer the previous question - if you prepare the chicken and cook them and then assemble and cook them again - wouldn't they be hard as rock? Please respond -looking to make for Father's Day -thanks
May 24, 2018
Question for those that have made this, it says to prepare chicken tenders according to package directions...I assume that means to cook them. Then this recipe calls for baking them for an additional 30 minutes? Wouldn't that make them tough as heck?
May 17, 2018
If I could have given this recipe 10 stars, I'd have done it. Made these for a combination grad/bon voyage party for our youngest son & daughter last weekend. I was wishing I'd tripled the recipe for the party! They were gone in a flash! Had to make more on Sunday for our son to take back to college with him so he'd have them for "finals week"! Didn't change a thing! Will be serving these often at our house!
Apr 30, 2018
Very good and easy to make. The kids loved it!