Chicken Parmesan Slider Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 24 ounces frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) sliced provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare chicken tenders according to package directions. Meanwhile, without separating rolls, cut horizontally in half; arrange roll bottoms in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread half of cheese slices over roll bottoms. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Layer rolls with half of sauce, chicken tenders, remaining sauce and remaining cheese slices. Replace top halves of rolls.
- For topping, microwave butter, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, covered, on high, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Pour over rolls; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 402 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Jun 10, 2018
Can someone answer the previous question - if you prepare the chicken and cook them and then assemble and cook them again - wouldn't they be hard as rock? Please respond -looking to make for Father's Day -thanks
May 24, 2018
Question for those that have made this, it says to prepare chicken tenders according to package directions...I assume that means to cook them. Then this recipe calls for baking them for an additional 30 minutes? Wouldn't that make them tough as heck?
May 17, 2018
If I could have given this recipe 10 stars, I'd have done it. Made these for a combination grad/bon voyage party for our youngest son & daughter last weekend. I was wishing I'd tripled the recipe for the party! They were gone in a flash! Had to make more on Sunday for our son to take back to college with him so he'd have them for "finals week"! Didn't change a thing! Will be serving these often at our house!
Apr 30, 2018
Very good and easy to make. The kids loved it!
Oct 17, 2017
Easy, and delicious. Great for game day!
Sep 18, 2017
This is sooooo good! We made this as part of app night and it was a big hit. Assembly was easy and seasoning was perfect.
Jul 31, 2017
These were delicious! I like that the convenient ingredients (such as the chicken tenders and marinara sauce) can easily be swapped with homemade versions if you have them available. I didn't require as much sauce as called for in the recipe, but that's just a personal preference. I cut the butter down to 1/3 cup.
Jul 19, 2017
so Delish and easy to make. awesome to make when your on the move also
Jul 5, 2017
Love this dish! Delicious! The only changes I made were using cooked chicken strips from the deli at the grocery store and when I found the bread getting too brown during baking, I tented with foil.Tip: if you find the seasoning, especially the crushed red pepper flake a bit much. Top bread with butter first then sprinkle on the other ingredients to allow for more control of the amount. You could also top half one way and half another to cater to your families liking.
Jun 29, 2017
Love this recipe quick and super easy. Only thing was the 25 minutes are too long the buns were nearly toasted and the 1tsp of crushed red pepper is not kid friendly maybe a 1/4 teaspoon would be better
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.