Bacon Cheeseburger Slider Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (17 ounces each ) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls horizontally in half; arrange bottom halves in 2 greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle each pan of rolls with 1 cup cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly over rolls; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with bacon. Replace tops. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Microwave, covered, on high until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour over rolls; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 20-25 minutes.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked sandwiches; prepare and freeze glaze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Pour glaze over buns and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake sandwiches as directed, increasing time by 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 380 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Aug 13, 2019
Made these for dinner the other night and they were great. I assembled them in the morning and baked them in the evening. I did have to add an additional 15 minutes to the cooking time.
Aug 6, 2019
I made this dish last night and we thought it was really good. I halved the recipe because we did not need it to make the entire 2 dozen. My husband was leery but said he really liked them and to please make them again! And also said to try with bacon and egg in the middle a breakfast style dish. Overall, I would definitely recommend it and make it again. Very easy to prepare and only a few leftovers. Goes great with coleslaw too.
Jul 23, 2019
Too sweet for my family.
Jul 14, 2019
Made these for a potluck. It was a huge hit everyone loved them. There weren't any leftovers.
Jul 13, 2019
Well liked at a recent neighborhood get together.
Jul 7, 2019
Made for a cook out. They were gone before I could get one. Big success. Thank you.
Jun 30, 2019
I made these tonight for dinner for friends. Everyone raved about how delicious they were! Great recipe. It's a keeper.
Jun 25, 2019
Love the recipe. I made 2 versions: 1 with rotisserie chicken, Swiss cheese and mustard. Same topping. The other with BBQ beef and french fried onions. Same topping. My family loved both of them.
May 5, 2019
made these for supper tonight,they were delicious!! I will be making again for July festivities. I didn't change a thing,the glaze on top took them over the top
Feb 18, 2019
I fixed these with sweetened hamburger buns and Mexican blend cheese. They turned out great!! They were even better the next day!!