Bacon Cheeseburger Slider Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (17 ounces each ) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls horizontally in half; arrange bottom halves in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle each pan of rolls with 1 cup cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly over rolls; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with bacon. Replace tops. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Microwave, covered, on high until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour over rolls; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 20-25 minutes. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked sandwiches; prepare and freeze glaze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Pour glaze over buns and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake sandwiches as directed, increasing time by 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 380 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2018
Really nice flavors, a cross between a burger and a slightly spicy sloppy joe, which plaits perfectly with the slightly sweet Hawaiian sweet roll. I will definitely make this again
Jun 17, 2018
Not worth the trouble. The hamburger is dried out after baking in oven. I didn't pour the glaze over the buns, I brushed it on. I still have a lot of glaze leftover, I guess I'll be throwing that away. I could have halved the glaze recipe and have been fine. Won't be making again.
May 24, 2018
I am taking these to a potluck. I've never make them before but they sound delicious. Will they be soggty buy the time I get to the potluck. Any tips on keeping them warm and not soggy. Thanks
Mar 20, 2018
These were the best burgers I've ever eaten!!! I made it just like the recipe, but didn't have sesame seeds. It's very rare that I ever crave a burger, but I definitely crave these!!! Outstanding recipe!!!
Mar 6, 2018
Huge hit will everyone!!!This recipe is a keeper, thank you for sharing!
Feb 4, 2018
I tried the non-sweet variation and it was delicious and kid approved even though they insist they don't like sloppy joes. I didn't see this mentioned in other comments: I brushed some of the glaze (without the sugar) on the bottom of the buns and broiled them until toasted and then followed the (non-sweet) recipe as usual. I just imagined toasting the bottom of the buns would help them not get too soggy as some reviewers mentioned. And yes, this makes 24 "sliders", but I would not say that is 24 servings.
Jan 10, 2018
Really good and a fast dinner casserole that is something different than the ordinary! It was really rich and filling. A salad goes nicely on the side. The only thing I did differently was used turkey instead of beef and added in some garlic to the meat mixture. I loved the brown sugar glaze poured over top. It really soaks into the buns and gives them that extra sweetness to take them over the top. Thank you for the recipe!
Jan 10, 2018
Made this tonight & my husband absolutely loved it..He said I definitely have to make it again.
Nov 10, 2017
We loved these! I didn't make the glaze. I just brushed the top with a little melted butter.
Nov 5, 2017
Wouldn't change anything about this recipe!