Maple Bacon French Toast Bake
Our family loves Sunday brunch. Each season I try to bring a little different flavor to the table. This French toast bake reminds us of fall! Whole or 2% milk works best. I use regular almond milk because I can't have dairy. —Margaret Brott, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 8 cups cubed bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place bread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, brown sugar, syrup and cinnamon. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with bacon. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 256 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Maple Bacon French Toast Bake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018