Deli-Style Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 7 ounces tricolor spiral pasta
- 6 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, julienned
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the next nine ingredients.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 8 hour or overnight. Toss before serving. Garnish with tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 273 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Jun 22, 2019
This in an excellent, filling pasta salad that I have made for family and for my Super Bowl Party. Tasty dressing and good combination of ingredients. Most people including myself come for second helpings.
Dec 14, 2018
This is a go-to recipe for me for parties, showers, and holidays. It's filling and serves as either a meal or side dish. My family requests it regularly. I do use different italian dressing for marinade because it's easier for me.
May 31, 2018
This is very similar to the pasta salad I have been making for years. You can change up the meats and cheeses but I find salami and provolone the best as they have so much flavor. Also, I use Kalamata olives as they have more taste than plain black olives.
Feb 20, 2018
Excellent dressing! It makes a great side with burgers.
Aug 4, 2016
I love this salad and everything in it. I made it with smoked provolone cheese and it added additional flavor - so good! Will definitely make this again!
Jul 22, 2016
This is our familiy's favorite recipe. We have been making it for a long time
Jul 20, 2016
This is one of my favorite pasta salads. I love that there's meat, cheese, and vegetables in it. It's a great combination!
May 10, 2016
I think the marinade is good but next time might add 3/4 t. Of sugar to it because it was a bit tart.
Aug 6, 2015
Our family loves this pasta salad! I've been making it since it first came out years ago! It's nice because I add lots of vegetables and adapt it to the tastes of whoever I'm serving it to. I totally love the dressing and use lots of fresh herbs in the summer.
Aug 2, 2014
It was good, very average, but not outstanding compared to many other pasta recipes that I have tried from this site.