Deli-Style Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 7 ounces tricolor spiral pasta
- 6 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, julienned
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the next 9 ingredients.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight. Toss before serving. Garnish with tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 273 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Dec 11, 2019
I replaced the balsamic vinegar with lemon juice, added 1 tbsp of sugar, fresh basil and mixture of italian seasonings. It tasted spot on!
Jun 22, 2019
This in an excellent, filling pasta salad that I have made for family and for my Super Bowl Party. Tasty dressing and good combination of ingredients. Most people including myself come for second helpings.
Dec 14, 2018
This is a go-to recipe for me for parties, showers, and holidays. It's filling and serves as either a meal or side dish. My family requests it regularly. I do use different italian dressing for marinade because it's easier for me.
May 31, 2018
This is very similar to the pasta salad I have been making for years. You can change up the meats and cheeses but I find salami and provolone the best as they have so much flavor. Also, I use Kalamata olives as they have more taste than plain black olives.
Feb 20, 2018
Excellent dressing! It makes a great side with burgers.
Aug 4, 2016
I love this salad and everything in it. I made it with smoked provolone cheese and it added additional flavor - so good! Will definitely make this again!
Jul 22, 2016
This is our familiy's favorite recipe. We have been making it for a long time
Jul 20, 2016
This is one of my favorite pasta salads. I love that there's meat, cheese, and vegetables in it. It's a great combination!
May 10, 2016
I think the marinade is good but next time might add 3/4 t. Of sugar to it because it was a bit tart.
Aug 6, 2015
Our family loves this pasta salad! I've been making it since it first came out years ago! It's nice because I add lots of vegetables and adapt it to the tastes of whoever I'm serving it to. I totally love the dressing and use lots of fresh herbs in the summer.