Cheeseburger Omelet Sliders
A cheeseburger inside an omelet? Yes, please! This fun twist on both breakfast and dinner faves is easy to assemble and delicious any time of day. —Denise LaRoche, Hudson, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 12 dinner rolls, split
- 12 tomato slices
- Optional ingredients: ketchup, sliced onion and pickle slices
- Combine beef, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 2-in. patties. In a large skillet, cook burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Whisk together eggs, water and the remaining salt and pepper. Place a small nonstick skillet, lightly oiled, over medium-high heat; pour in 1/2 cup egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese on one side. Top with three burgers, spacing evenly; fold omelet in half. Slide onto a cutting board; tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat to make three more omelets.
- To serve, cut each omelet into three wedges; place each wedge on a roll. Add tomatoes and, if desired, remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 507 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 348mg cholesterol, 1032mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Omelet in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018