Slaw-Topped Beef Sliders
When I was working full time, I would rely on these delicious, fast-to-fix beef sliders for simple meals. To ease on prep time and avoid extra clean-up, I used bagged coleslaw mix and bottled slaw dressing. —Jane Whittaker, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 medium red onion (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 12 slider buns or dinner rolls, split
- Combine coleslaw, onion, celery seed and pepper. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; transfer roast to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Mix tomato paste, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over roast. Top with onion. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve beef on buns; top with coleslaw. Replace tops.
Originally published as Easy Pulled Roast Beef Sandwiches with Rainbow Slaw in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips