Slaw-Topped Beef Sliders
When I was working full time, I would rely on these delicious, fast-to-fix beef sliders for simple meals. To ease on prep time and avoid extra cleanup, I used bagged coleslaw mix and bottled slaw dressing. —Jane Whittaker, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 12 slider buns or dinner rolls, split
- Combine coleslaw, onion, celery seed and pepper. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; transfer roast to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Mix tomato paste, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over roast. Top with onion. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred meat with 2 forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve beef on buns; top with coleslaw. Replace tops.