Turkey Sliders with Sesame Slaw
I'm a fan of sliders, especially if they are Asian-inspired. Sweet Hawaiian rolls make them especially tasty. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 small carrots, grated (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 12 slider buns or dinner rolls, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, hoisin sauce and chili sauce. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, green onions, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and ginger, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, oil and remaining soy sauce. Add carrots, onion, cilantro and sesame seeds; toss to combine.
- Grill sliders, covered, on a greased rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Spread cut sides of buns with mayonnaise mixture. Layer each bottom with a burger and 2 tablespoons slaw. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 burger with 2 tablespoons slaw: 314 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as BENGALI TURKEY SLIDERS WITH SESAME SLAW in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017