Cheese-Stuffed Meatball Sliders
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 16 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (1-inch; about 8 ounces total)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- Divide sausage into 16 portions. Shape each portion around a cube of cheese. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and pesto; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 334 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Feb 7, 2016
Made these for the game today. It was nice I could make them the day before and just reheat and serve.
Jan 27, 2016
Luv for meatballs never ends! I was actually searching for this recipe since a long time... but this preparation method looks easy and simple.. I recently ordered meatballs from an online site for my house warming party which looked almost same as this! Here's the link to it, https://www.appetizersusa.com/italian-meatball-parmesan-skewer_8_109_26223.html. Will try this recipe and will share my views on it! Thanks :)
Jul 30, 2013
My husband LOVES this recipe! He requests it frequently!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.