Fabulous Fruit Salad
This refreshing fruit salad bursts with a delightful citrus flavor. The recipe makes a big batch so it’s perfect for a holiday potluck.—Mary Louise Fash, Walterboro, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1 small cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red apple, chopped
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, apple and banana. Pour dressing over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir salad. Sprinkle with blueberries.
To Make Ahead: Dressing can be made a day in advance; cover and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 117 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Fabulous Fruit Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.