Mojito Marinated Fruit
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 cups each cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon balls or chunks
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 mint sprigs
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in rum, lime juice and zest. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine melons, pineapple and mint sprigs. Add rum mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Discard mint sprigs. Spoon fruit with syrup into serving dishes. If desired, top with mint.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 128 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 7, 2016
I've been searching Taste Of Home for quick easy Summer recipes. This was fast easy and fabulous! Loved the fresh pineapple!
Jun 1, 2016
Marge48911...there is a conversion chart on the Splenda that tells you how much Splenda to use for different measurements of sugar.
May 27, 2016
This looks wonderful, but I have a question. Can I substitute Slenda instead of sugar. If so what amount should I use to equal the sugar amount?
Jul 22, 2013
Really great fruit salad!
Jun 8, 2013
A refreshing summer treat!
Jan 3, 2011
I decided to prepare this for my Xmas eve get-together this year - something light and refreshing, as a compliment to all the heavier meats and pastries of the season. I thought it sounded quite good - but I have to say - it was absolutely DELICIOUS and eveyone commented on how much they liked it!! Anyone who likes Mojitos - please try this - it's a winner!!