Two-Berry Fluff Salad
This fluffy salad is a welcome treat on warm Texas afternoons. Because there's a blueberry orchard near our home, we often pick up berries to use in this recipe and others. When blueberries and strawberries aren't in season, you can substitute frozen berries with equally good results. —Karen Wenzel, Conroe, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 cups fresh strawberries (about 2 pounds), sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Additional fresh strawberries and blueberries, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Slowly add cream, beating until thick and fluffy.
- Fold in 8 cups strawberries and 2 cups blueberries. If desired, top with additional berries.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cups: 305 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Fluffy Red, White & Blue in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.