Fruit Cup with Citrus Sauce
This fruit salad is so elegant that I serve it in my prettiest crystal bowls. With its dressed-up flavor, it's perfect for a special event, but easy enough for every day. —Edna Lee, Greeley, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, wine or grape juice, lemon juice and sugar; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the fruit; add juice mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 75 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Fruit Cup with Citrus Sauce in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.