Layered Fresh Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- FRUIT SALAD:
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- Place first 6 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Cool completely. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Layer fruit in a large glass bowl. Pour juice mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 110 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2018
This recipe looks delicious!
Jun 17, 2010
I've made this salad many times and people rave about it. My adult children request I bring it to family gatherings. I usually omit the grapefruit but put fresh blackberries on top of it. They really give it an elegant look.