Sangria Gelatin Ring
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups boiling white wine or white grape juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- In a large heatproof bowl, add boiling wine to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in chilled club soda. Refrigerate until thickened but not firm, about 45 minutes. Stir in berries and grapes. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Unmold onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 117 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2011
I just made this jello for my soon-to-be daughter-in-law's bridal shower. Everyone liked it, and the colors of the various fruits made it very appetizing-looking. I used the white grape juice, but will try the white wine next time. Also, next time I will let the club soda go flat before using it in the recipe, as the carbonation affected the jello's consistency. Also, I put a layer of fruit in the bottom of the mold before adding the jello.
Jul 7, 2011
Excellent summer recipe.Make sure the club soda is chilled otherwise it'll take about 2 hours to set.