Berry Gelatin Mold
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 cups club soda, chilled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup each fresh blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
- Lettuce leaves
- Additional mixed fresh berries, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling cranberry juice. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in club soda and lemon juice; refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set.
- Fold in berries. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined platter; fill center with additional berries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 131 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 24, 2015
I was looking for a jello mold recipe to try and this was the one I picked. It took over 3 hours to partially set to add the fruit. My jello book said you should be able to drag a spoon through it and the line should stay visible. I took it to work and everyone loved it. It is beautiful as well.
Jul 2, 2015
Wonderful recipe. Enjoyed the zip the club soda gives it. It does seem to take longer than the 45 minutes to get it to partially set, but maybe that is just my refrigerator. Just make sure to allow enough time.
Jul 3, 2010
WOW! My family loved this recipe! It's easy and fast to make, and tastes just terrific! I'll make this one again soon.
Jul 2, 2010
Super dish on a hot summer day. After chilled and set, to serve outside, I turned it over in a plastc pan, set the pan in a larger pie pan and surrounded the pan with ice cubes to keep it chilled and solic. Was a sucessful favorite, especially with the children.
Jan 1, 2010
I made this for Thanksgiving and my husband loves it so much we also had it for Christmas dinner!!
Dec 23, 2009
This has be come our new family favorite