Special Summer Berry Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup sparkling wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring wine and sugar to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Stir in the lemon juice and peel, vanilla and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine berries and mint. Add syrup and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 85 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Jun 25, 2013
Made this and subbed apples, grapes and kiwis for the dark berries as they were not on sale in my area. The dressing really sold this for people. I used white grape juice so it was kid friendly.
Jul 15, 2011
That 1/2 cup of sugar is divided over 12 half cup servings. The diabetic exchanges are provided to help people fit this recipe into a healthy diet.
Jul 15, 2011
I have not made this but I am concerned about the amount of sugar used. Is this ok for a diabetic
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.