Summer Berry Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes2 pies (6-8 servings each)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches)
- 4 cups whipped topping
- Fresh mint and additional sliced strawberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the berries. Pour into crusts and chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping, mint and strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 282 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 15, 2015
My daughter made this for a recent dinner. It was delicious. The only thing she did different was to cut back on the sugar. We all loved it.
Jul 11, 2013
Fresh & delicious! The fresh berries made it the perfect summer treat! But I would use the 10-in. pie crusts that I saw at the grocery store next time because I had a lot of the liquid leftover when I used the 9-in. pie crusts.
Jul 7, 2013
A great pie. It is quick and easy to make. I made my own graham cracker crust:1 1/4 c graham crackers, 1/3 c melted butter, 1/4 packed brown sugar. Mix all together, press into 9" pan bake at 375 for 5 min. It is rare when I use a recipe without changing it. This one is perfect. We served it with a little bit of whipped cream. Excellent!
Aug 12, 2011
This is by far the best summer pie I have made. Easy and guick to make.
Jul 30, 2011
Excellent flavor!!! My family loved it!
Apr 22, 2011
made no changes. have made this several times...and it is always a hit at my house.
Jun 25, 2010
This pie is awesome. It is a summer favorite for our family.