Summer Blackberry Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup turbinado (washed raw) sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto blackberry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 274 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 12, 2013
Loved this recipe, have made it twice all ready and would make it again any time.
Sep 9, 2012
Just made this tonight with a mixture of frozen blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. I subbed white whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour. It was great! I will make it again!!
Sep 9, 2012
Just made this tonight with a mixture of frozen blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. I subbed white whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour. It was great! We will make it again!!
Aug 8, 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.