Juicy blackberry buttercream frosting has a stunning color and sophisticated flavor. This frosting works especially well on rich, decadent chocolate cake. —Jocelyn Delk Adams, GrandBaby-Cakes.com
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 7 cups confectioners' sugar
- Place blackberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard seeds.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add blackberry puree; beat until blended.