Blackberry Custard Torte
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, drained, divided
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in egg until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- For filling, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla in another small bowl just until combined. Sprinkle 2 cups blackberries over crust. Carefully pour sour cream mixture over berries. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack (center will fall).
- Remove sides of pan. Top with whipped cream and remaining blackberries. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 253 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 18, 2015
Excellent this is a keeper
Nov 4, 2013
This is an excellent desert, but I have to say that it's far better with strawberries than blackberries. I haven't made it yet without getting a multitude of compliments . This recipes deserves far more attention than it's getting.
Mar 13, 2012
great fruit dessert!
Dec 20, 2011
This tastes delicious and looks pretty too!~ Theresa
Apr 30, 2010
I took this to work today and one of the lawyers asked for the recipe. I said, "for your wife?" He said, no, he was going to make it. Shame on me for making the assumption men don't bake. All my coworkers love it.
Oct 7, 2008
That sounds really good, I love to make custard.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.