Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups (32 ounces) fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a food processor, puree blackberries, water and lemon juice. Strain blackberries, reserving juice and pulp. Discard seeds. Return pureed blackberries to food processor; add sugar and vanilla. Cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and blackberry mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When yogurt is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 248 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2018
The flavor is good but I question the nutrition analysis. With 57 gram of carbohydrates per serving I would think there would be some grams of sugar.
Jul 31, 2013
I don't get it. Why would you use frozen yogurt? And the description says it uses vanilla yogurt. I think I'll stick with using regular yogurt and make my own frozen. Lot cheaper too.
Sep 2, 2012
Delicious! My family ate the entire 2 quarts the same day I made it!
Jun 21, 2008
This recipe sounds refreshing. I think I will try it tommrow