Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a food processor, puree blackberries, water and lemon juice. Strain blackberries, reserving juice and pulp. Discard seeds. Return pureed blackberries to food processor; add sugar and vanilla. Cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and blackberry mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When yogurt is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 248 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 20, 2018
The flavor is good but I question the nutrition analysis. With 57 gram of carbohydrates per serving I would think there would be some grams of sugar.
Jul 31, 2013
I don't get it. Why would you use frozen yogurt? And the description says it uses vanilla yogurt. I think I'll stick with using regular yogurt and make my own frozen. Lot cheaper too.
Sep 2, 2012
Delicious! My family ate the entire 2 quarts the same day I made it!
Jun 21, 2008
This recipe sounds refreshing. I think I will try it tommrow