Blackberry Nectarine Pie
Blackberries are a big crop in my area, so I've prepared this pretty double-fruit pie many times. I can always tell when my husband wants me to make it because he brings home berries that he picked behind his office. —Linda Chinn, Enumclaw, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 5 medium nectarines, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- Reduced-fat whipped topping, optional
- In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Bring to a boil. Add 1/2 cup blackberries; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss nectarines with remaining blackberries; transfer to crust. Pour apple juice mixture over fruit (crust will be full). Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. If desired, serve with whipped topping.