Holiday Cranberry Cobbler
For a change of pace from pumpkin pie, I prepare this merry berry cobbler at Christmas. Our children, grandchildren and great-grandchild all enjoy it.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Combine pie filling and cranberry sauce. Spread in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 382 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Cranberry Cobbler in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.