Crown Jewel Gelatin Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
Makes2 pies (6-8 servings each)
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) black cherry gelatin
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat with lime and black cherry gelatin, using two more loaf pans. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut each into 1/2-in. cubes.
- In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice and sugar. Bring to a boil. Add strawberry gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add remaining cold water. Transfer to large bowl. Refrigerate until thickened but not firm, about 1-1/4 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into strawberry gelatin mixture. Gently stir in cubed gelatin. Spoon mixture into crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 249 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 10, 2011
I was given this recipe about 15 yrs ago and have been making it about 10 times each and every summer since then. The whole family loves it. If I know friends will be coming over I have to request nobody touches the dessert.
Feb 1, 2008
Many years ago, when I worked in the kitchen at a Hospital, we made and served something similar. It was always a favorite of patients and cafeteria patrons alike.