Carrots become everyone's favorite when they're baked in this slightly sweet, lighter-than-air ring. Our holiday meal wouldn't be complete without it.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 pounds carrots, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into a well-greased 6-cup ring mold. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate. Fill the center with peas.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 108 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Carrot Ring in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Nov 26, 2009
Made this for thanksgiving, it got rave reviews from everyone! I used egg beaters instead of whole eggs, and fat free half and half to make it a little healthier. I also used two bags of frozen peas with pearl onions, Yum!