Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium carrots, finely shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small firm head iceberg lettuce, optional
- Fresh vegetables or crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the carrots, onions, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- To make a lettuce serving bowl, hollow out the head of lettuce, keeping the core at the bottom intact and removing enough interior leaves so that a 1-in. shell remains. Add dip; serve with vegetables or crackers.
Apr 7, 2010
It was delicious! I should have doubled the recipe. I didn't know how to finely shred the carrots, so I bought a bag of shoestring carrots & snipped them into tiny pieces This probably took longer, but it did fine in a pinch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.