Winter Fantasy Cupcakes Recipe
Best-selling authors of the book Hello, Cupcake!, Karen Tack & Alan Richardson, spent a few days with us creating one-of-a-kind beauties that you can make at home—no special tools or talents required. Just bake your favorite cupcakes, have your favorite vanilla icing on hand and HAVE FUN!
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Coarse sugar
- Chocolate wafers
- Semisweet chocolate chips and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Orange candy slices
- Additional vanilla frosting
- Blue food coloring, pearl dragees, blue jumbo diamond sprinkles and edible glitter, optional
- Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for decorating as desired.
- For snowmen cupcakes: Dip the top of each cupcake in coarse sugar; gently shake off excess sugar. For stovepipe hats, microwave chocolate wafers for a few seconds to slightly soften as needed. Use a serrated knife to cut two narrow strips from opposite sides of each wafer. (Large center piece will form crown of hat; one strip will form the brim.)
- Add chips and mini chips to cupcake to form eyes and mouth. Cut a small piece of orange slice to form the nose.
- Stick brim of hat, rounded side up, into top of cupcake; insert hat crown into the top edge. Secure with additional frosting. Color frosting if desired; place in a resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe a decorative hat band; add dragees and sprinkles if desired. Sprinkle cupcakes with glitter if desired. Yield: varies.
Originally published as Winter Fantasy Cupcakes in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p61
Reviews for Winter Fantasy Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review