Cranberry Bog Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine 2-1/2 cups oats and flour. Gradually add to creamed mixture until crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with cranberry sauce.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in the pecans and remaining brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over cranberry sauce. Bake at 375° until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 239 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 9, 2019
I love the idea of this bar. Want it be right so that I can give out at Christmas. However, I am having same problem others are having. After generously greasing the pan and letting cool they wouldn’t come out of pan. Had to dig out first row. They fell apart. Second row still difficult to get out of pan. Top of bars crumble and fall off. Too dry on top. Any suggestions? More cranberry sauce? Most brown sugar in topping?
Oct 24, 2019
These were amazing! I used regular cranberry sauce not whole berry, but I doubt that changed the recipe much. Very tasty!
Feb 20, 2019
Ok the first day. After that the bars became too moist
Feb 19, 2019
As I tried to cut them into squares, they fell apart. They did not hold together, mushy, and too much oatmeal. I don't know how others got them to hold up into bars. I agree with Darylcohen's review. A waste of ingredients for me.
Dec 1, 2018
I am not much of a baker...but these were easy and tasted great...i used two cans of cranberries for the 9x13 pan...i will make them again
Nov 20, 2018
I made a double batch of Cranberry Bog Bars for a family gathering. They are very tasty. I used 1-3/4 cans of cranberry sauce for the filling so the bars wouldn't be dry. A good recipe!
Nov 14, 2018
I made these Bog Bars for a recent church bakesale......they sold before i got them put on the table......rave reviews......my go to Holiday Dessert!
Nov 13, 2018
Overly sweet, mushy, doesn’t hold together well and expensive ingredients (3 sticks of butter and pecans) for a “bar” I’m throwing out. This recipe is horrible! What a shame.
Nov 12, 2018
I've made these for several years Always a hit. When I take them to Church Brunch I'm always ask for the recipe. YUMMY!!
Nov 20, 2016
One of my faves. I made a pan of them yesterday. In the past I've had problems with them being crumbly & the crust soggy the next day. Solution: Add an extra 1/2 cup of oats to the crust. Bake approx. 10 minutes longer. Perfection. Best batch I've ever made.