Sour Cream and Cranberry Bars
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in cranberries. Cook and stir 15-20 minutes until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, oats, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut. Reserve half of the dough for topping. Press remaining onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Spread sour cream mixture over crust; crumble reserved dough over top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set and top is golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 260 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2015
Great Bars. I think they are too sweet and everyone else disagrees, so I drink black coffee with them.
Dec 14, 2015
Delicious! Didn't change a thing in the recipe, and these bar cookies came out great. A keeper, for sure. Thanks!
Nov 2, 2015
These are amazing! All my favorite flavors in one delicious bar cookie. Next time I'll try using dried cherries in place of the cranberries for a different version.