Black Forest Upside-Down Cake
The divine flavors of this simple Black Forest cake will impress your guests and leave you with many requests for the recipe! —Kimberly Campbell, Wheeling, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon pie filling into a greased 12-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until blended. Gently beat in eggs. Pour over pie filling. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. If needed, spoon cherries from pan over cake. Top with whipped cream.