Upside Down Pineapple Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- Place pineapple slices in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Place a cherry in the center of each slice. Sprinkle half of the walnuts around the pineapple. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon batter over pineapple layer. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 319 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2019
Beautiful cake! If you are looking for a little sweater cake, recommend melting 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar and add to pan before pineapples/nuts. Makes it a little more traditional. This is a great dessert because eliminates need for frosting! As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home magazine, I love recipes that can be assembled quickly and deliver outstanding taste!
Dec 31, 2016
Tasty! Not your traditional upside down cake, but a good short cut recipe.
Jan 26, 2011
First pineapple upside-down cake that came out of the pan with no mishaps. I did use a pineapple cake mix instead of white mix. Cake was moist and light in flavor.
May 19, 2010
I made this recipe exactly the way it was called for. It is a lttle blan...It could of used some brown sugar or spice. I also buttered the pan...so the cake would not stick