Upside Down Pineapple Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 6 canned DOLE pineapple slices
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- Place pineapple slices in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Place a cherry in the center of each slice. Sprinkle half of the walnuts around the pineapple. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon batter over pineapple layer. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 319 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 11, 2019
Beautiful cake! If you are looking for a little sweater cake, recommend melting 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar and add to pan before pineapples/nuts. Makes it a little more traditional. This is a great dessert because eliminates need for frosting! As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home magazine, I love recipes that can be assembled quickly and deliver outstanding taste!
Dec 31, 2016
Tasty! Not your traditional upside down cake, but a good short cut recipe.
Jan 26, 2011
First pineapple upside-down cake that came out of the pan with no mishaps. I did use a pineapple cake mix instead of white mix. Cake was moist and light in flavor.
May 19, 2010
I made this recipe exactly the way it was called for. It is a lttle blan...It could of used some brown sugar or spice. I also buttered the pan...so the cake would not stick