Ginger-Glazed Lemon Bundt
Tangy ginger, tart lemon and puckery cranberries make this melt-in-your-mouth cake as crisp—and gorgeous—as autumn. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- SUGARED CRANBERRIES:
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- For sugared cranberries, heat corn syrup in microwave until warm; gently toss cranberries in syrup, allowing excess to drip off. Toss in sugar to coat. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extract.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, butter, lemon juice and ginger until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Top with sugared cranberries.
The best way to prep your pan is to brush it with melted shortening, then sift flour over it. Tap out the excess. The cake will come out without sticking. Want your cranberries to really sparkle? Mix half sanding sugar with regular sugar to use when coating them.