- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 3/4 cup condensed milk over low heat, stirring occasionally. Line an 8-in.-square dish with waxed paper; butter the paper.
- Spread half of melted chocolate mixture into pan; chill for 5-10 minutes (let remaining melted chocolate mixture stand at room temperature).
- In another saucepan, melt white baking chips. Stir in remaining condensed milk until smooth. Remove from the heat; add extract and food coloring. Refrigerate until set. Spread over chocolate layer; spread with reserved chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set. Cut into 1-in. pieces. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds (64 pieces).
Reviews for Peppermint Candy
Sort By :
This only made syrup. My Christmas gift to my nephew and niece is still sitting in the freezer, not set up. The candy for Christmas dinner, likewise ruined. I even had 12 oz of evaporated milk not 14 and used 1 1/2 cups of the chips each, still syrup only. Disgusted!!
maybe use 2 tsp mint instead of 3? Depends on how much you love mint.
Finished product does NOT look like the picture-and 8-inch pan is too big, makes a thin candy.
P.S. I use mint extract instead of peppermint.
I have been making this recipe for a long time for Christmas and it always turns out excellent. Someone asked about cutting it. I found a suggestion on google to use a pizza cutter and I did that this morning and it worked perfect! These are so easy to make, look great and tastes wonderful!