Christmas Crunch Candy
Treat family and friends to a yummy brittle for the holidays. Made with cashews and Rice Krispies, it's loaded with crispy-crunchy goodness. —Amanda McLemore, Maryville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil. Grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Stir in butter; cook without stirring until mixture reaches 300° (hard-crack stage), brushing down sides of pan with a pastry brush dipped in water as needed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cereal, cashews, baking soda and vanilla. Quickly pour into prepared pan. Using a buttered metal spatula, spread mixture to 1/4-in. thickness. Cool completely; break into pieces.
- To Make Ahead: Store candy in an airtight container up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 152 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Crunch in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.