Candy Christmas Tree
This is the perfect centerpiece at your holiday get-together and the best thing about it is that it is eatable.—Kathryn Luna, Dana Point, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Green liquid or paste food coloring
- Styrofoam cone (12 inches high)
- 15 hard peppermint candies
- 15 hard spearmint candies
- 19 large red gumdrops
- 19 large green gumdrops
- 25 to 35 pieces crimped ribbon candy
- 23 pieces cut rock candy
- Tint frosting green. Place cone on a 9-in. plate; frost the sides and top of cone. Starting at the bottom, alternate peppermint and spearmint candies around the cone in a single row. Alternate red and green gumdrops in a row above candies.
- Arrange remaining candies in rows around the cone until reaching the top. Position a mint candy on the tip of the cone; top with a gumdrop.
Originally published as Candy Christmas Tree in Country Woman November/December 2001