Angel Food Christmas Candy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes1-1/2 pounds (12 servings)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 300° (hard-crack stage) on a candy thermometer. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in baking soda. Pour into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Do not spread candy; mixture will not fill pan.
- When cool, break into bite-size pieces. Dip into melted chocolate; place on waxed paper until the chocolate is firm. Store candy tightly covered.
Nutrition Facts2 ounces: 337 calories, 11g fat (10g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 10, 2017
This candy looks and taste wonderful on a holiday tray!
Mar 3, 2016
Awesome recipe, plus its cheap to make & I always have the ingredients on hand!
Dec 2, 2012
About how long did you have to cook this?
Nov 23, 2011
So many people on my xmas list love these than I could not dream of not making them every year. Lucky for me they are very easy to make. I have found it helpful to sift my baking soda thru a small sieve before adding so that it mixes in smoothly.
Aug 5, 2009
This is my absolutely favorite Christmas time candy!! I have to buy it because I didn't have a recipe! I am so excited to make it! Thanks for sharing!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.