Angel Food Cake Roll
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freeezing Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until top springs back when lightly touched, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a tea towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whisk together yogurt, pudding mix and, if desired, food coloring. Fold in whipped topping.
- Unroll cake; spread yogurt mixture over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towel. Cover tightly and freeze. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 243 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 10, 2016
I love this recipe! I find myself coming back to it over and over again. I love how simple it is to make what looks like a fancy dessert! Making it again tonight with strawberry cream filling.
Dec 31, 2013
I used sugar free cheesecake pudding and added 1/4 c sugar free strawberry preserves for more flavor - Great! had to beat with stick mixer to get pudding creamier - I also used Greek yogurt for richer flavor - when I added pudding to yogurt it was so lumpy a hand wisk wouldn't cut it! Be ready to get mixer out or stick blender worked great
Jun 4, 2013
This is a GREAT Recipe would definitely make this again and again easy and delicious
May 8, 2013
This is delicious and lightand very simple to make . My friends raved about it. I will definatly make this again.E. Mast
Apr 22, 2013
Made this for a small group....Nothing left to take home !! I tweeked a bit...used banana cream pudding, added some cut up bananas and strawberry bits to the yougurt mix, along with an extra 4 oz of strawberry yogurt. Absolutely delicious! One note: In the future, for presentation, I would cut a thin slice off each end, to make it look even prettier. Otherwise, the filling does not butt up to the end of the cake roll, due to the way the filling is spread.
Apr 21, 2013
This was a slight challenge, but well worth it!
Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013
haven't made it yet but plan to looks so good.
Apr 15, 2013
this was so incredibly easy but tasted like it had taken hours to prepare even if you never make a cake roll before, you can wow your family with this
Apr 13, 2013
My husband loves this dessert and children. Thank you for sharing. I did add half cup milk and puree 1cup fresh strawberries to filling.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.