Say cheese! Our sweet little mice are so cute, you'll want to take a picture. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 24 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 48 almond slices
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip into chocolate mixture. Place on a sheet of waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Reheat remaining chocolate; dip cherries again, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. For ears, place almond slices between cherry and kiss. Refrigerate until set.
Originally published as Cherry Mice in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.