Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 24 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 48 almond slices
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip into chocolate mixture. Place on a sheet of waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Reheat remaining chocolate; dip cherries again, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. For ears, place almond slices between cherry and kiss. Refrigerate until set.
Dec 1, 2018
They are good, but my mom has been making a variation of this for years! The chocolate covered cherry part is a little of a let down.
Oct 7, 2016
Question - what kind of shortening did you use?
Dec 14, 2014
they were easy and fun to do and tasted very good.