Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 24 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 48 almond slices
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip into chocolate mixture. Place on a sheet of waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Reheat remaining chocolate; dip cherries again, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. For ears, place almond slices between cherry and kiss. Refrigerate until set.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2018
They are good, but my mom has been making a variation of this for years! The chocolate covered cherry part is a little of a let down.
Oct 7, 2016
Question - what kind of shortening did you use?
Dec 14, 2014
they were easy and fun to do and tasted very good.