You'll win praise for these clever cherry bombs. Serve them for a special occasion with a knife and dessert spoon. —Linda Triplett, Renton, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 2 chocolate-covered cherries
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Line two muffin cups with plastic wrap. Divide ice cream between cups. Press a chocolate-covered cherry into each; smooth ice cream over cherries. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Invert ice cream onto a waxed paper-lined plate; remove and discard plastic wrap. Spread jam over ice cream; freeze until firm.
- Place a wire rack over a sheet of waxed paper. Using a fork, transfer ice cream to rack. Pour ice cream topping over each to coat. Transfer to dessert plates; freeze until serving. Serve with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 622 calories, 38g fat (20g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (64g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Bombs in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.