Cherry Crunch Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 30 to 34 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, dates and chopped cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; press a cherry half into center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 14-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 166 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 3, 2017
These crunchy cookies tastes as good as they look with the cherry on top!!
Mar 28, 2017
Nov 29, 2009
These cookies are long-time favorites. I have made them with and without the dates, and I've also substituted other flaky cereals for the cornflakes. Whichever way they are made, they seem to tickle cookie fanciers and even those who aren't so crazy about cookies.